From the “Krone” you can reach the most popular destinations in the region in a very short time – on foot, by bicycle or by car: Dreamy Kaiserstuhl villages, Black Forest mountains, the Markgräflerland, Freiburg, or urban beauties across the border such as Colmar, Strasbourg and Basel.
The Weinlehrpfad (wine trail) and the Bötzinger Brunnenpfad (fountain trail) with attractions for the whole family begin directly at Bötzingen station. The “Krone” is also an ideal starting point for bicycle tours – either moderate around the Kaiserstuhl, or ambitious over the legendary Texas-Pass!
We can also organise drives through the region or expert wine tastings. There are several hikingpossibilities, such as the Weinlehrpfad (wine trail), the Geopfad (geo trail), the Eichelspitzturm tower, the Brunnenpfad (fountain trail), the chapel St. Albanskapelle, and the local swimming pool which is only 800 m away.
Selected links for destinations in the surroundings:
- Bötzingen am Kaiserstuhl
- Bird park Steinen-Höllstein
- Leisure parp Steinwasen-Park with summer toboggan run
- Leisure park Europa-Park Rust
- Freiburg – the Breisgau metropolis with its lovely old town
- Breisach am Rhein – lovely city on the border to France (Alsace)
- Nature discovery park Mundenhof near Freiburg
- Zoo Basler (Switzerland)
- Hochkönigsburg castle / Selestat in France (Alsace)
- Ecomusee / Ensisheim in France (Alsace)
- Diverse information about the Kaiserstuhl
Offers in town or in the vicinity:
- Tennis court in town – Court reservation under tel. 07663/99741
- Vine drive by tractor through the vineyards, inquiries under tel. 07663/608561
- Hiking tours with the hiking guide Mr. Hemmann (qualified biologist) tel. 07663/4658
- Tour guide Magdalena Schulz, guided hiking tours, tour guide for Freiburg, Black Forest and Alsace; wine excursions through the vineyard, tel. 07663/6427
- Wine tasting in our Winzergenossenschaft (wine growers’ cooperative) tel. 07663/93060
- Pedicure Ms. Schumann Tel. 07663/913066
- Taubergießen boat tour on the old Rhine
- Night watchman tour in Burkheim